There are many different names for the 3pm lull. I call it hitting a wall. Especially now that I have more of an office job I find myself not being able to concentrate and without energy right around 3pm on a daily basis (except weekends). Sure somedays my nutrition could be better but for the most part I am an exceptional eater. Here are some tips that work for me when I drive directly into that wall.
1. Become a dancing fool!- Whether you’re driving in your car, at work, or feeling drained at home, taking a few short minutes to get out of your head, put on a good song, and dance your ass off. It will instantly make you feel good, and feeling good boosts your energy. It is crucially important to be silly from time to time! I am really good at this one…
Yes- That’s me in the red “a dancing fool!”
2. Drink more water- dehydration is a quick way to drain your energy so keeping your water intake up will help you keep chugging along.
3. Get up and take a walk- Stop what you’re doing right now and take a brief walk outside. Not only are you getting your blood circulating, and releasing tension, but you’re getting a healthy dose of Vitamin D from the sun which boosts your energy and mood. You will be surprised how refreshed you feel after your walk.
4. Take a cat nap- Taking a 15 minute nap, especially after lunch is a great way to refresh yourself for the remainder of the day…siesta anyone? Even if you’re at work, close your office door and rest for a bit, or go out to your car and shut your eyes for 15 minutes. It’s rejuvenating!
5. Eat some dark chocolate- Dark chocolate is not only good for you, but a great way to indulge in a simple pleasure that will give you a little burst of energy, and make you feel really good. Thank you to email@example.com